The Pure Land Inc.
It’s natural to want to die peacefully, free of pain. Buddhists believe that having a peaceful and virtuous mind at the time of death can lead to a happy next life. Conversely, a mind that is disturbed, anxious, afraid, angry or unforgiving can lead to a difficult death and a rebirth full of suffering. Therefore it is important for a dying person to have access to a peaceful and virtuous environment. The Pure Land is all about creating this environment as a purpose-built facility in Perth, Western Australia. (Read more about Preparing for Death.)
The The Pure Land of the Indestructible Buddha Incorporated (The Pure Land) will not be a hospice, since all nursing and medical needs will be met by visiting professionals such as Silver Chain. The dying person will have a well-equipped private room, and there will be adjoining rooms for their carers, who will usually be their family, to live in. The dying person’s own spiritual teachers will be invited to visit frequently to provide spiritual guidance. Trained Pure Land volunteers will be on hand to provide companionship, emotional and spiritual support, to both the dying person and their carers.
Our research reveals that our concept for The Pure Land Inc. has not been tried elsewhere. Our first step is to run a pilot trial for a period of three years. We are now seeking suitable premises, volunteers and funds to start the pilot project. Maybe this worthwhile project is for you!
Watch our latest Video featuring Sue Lee and Len Warren response to Voluntary Euthanasia
with Sue Lee & Len Warren 4 October 2019
Most recent News
Click on the title below to view the news item in detail
- My Time with Sickness, Death and the Dharma posted 30 Nov 2019
- A Dignified Death? posted 22 Jul 2019
- News Flash! Big Donation! posted 18 Jun 2019
- Euthanasia – Andrew Holocek posted 13 Jun 2019
- Facing Death – Sandra Bertman posted 30 Apr 2019
- Retreat: Spiritual Care of the Dying – 22-27 Aug 2019 posted 23 Feb 2019
- Exciting Times for The Pure Land of the Indestructible Buddha, Inc. posted 24 Jan 2019
- Christmas Gifts for Those with Dementia posted 24 Dec 2018
- Practical and Spiritual Actions on Visits to the Dying posted 2 Dec 2018